RetroSign GRX retroreflectometer
Safe traffic flow is highly dependent on the quality of road traffic signs and road markings. When driving at night-time on dark roads, retroreflection of road traffic signs and road markings is essential to assist drivers in keeping their vehicles safely positioned on the roads. Road owners are responsible for ensuring that signs and markings perform according to the relevant standards and therefore need efficient and complete measurement tools to support this task.
The RetroSign GRX is a handheld device for measuring all types of retroreflective sheeting on road traffic signs, license plates, conspicuity tapes and high visibility clothing.
Built in accordance with existing standards, the RetroSign GRX measures retroreflection of various colours and all types of retroreflective materials including fluorescents. It's rugged design is built for field work as well as laboratory use and the simple and intuitive software guides the user effortlessly through the measurement program.
Advanced sensor technology allows for measurement of up to seven observation angles in addition to automatic colour recognition. The user interface is through a large five inch full colour touch display which is clearly visible even in bright sunshine and the instrument automatically detects and compensates for ambient light which could affect the measurement result.
Features of the RetroSign GRX retroreflectometer:
- - Measurement of up to 7 observation angles: 0.2°, 0.33°, 0.5°, 0.7°, 1.0°, 1.5°, 2.0°
- - With further easy changeable front adapters for special measurement purposes, entrance angles: 10°, 15°, 20°, 30°, 40° & 45°
- - Calibration reference with values as number or QR code for scanning
- - Automatic colour recognition
- - Colour contrast calculation (background and legend)
- - Manual pass/fail evaluation
- - Memory of >2 mio measurements, >2,000 measurements with pictures
- - Bosch professional battery
- - Data transfer to PC via USB memory stick
- - Data presentation compatible with Excel and Google Earth
- - Meets all international standards including: Road traffic signs: EN 12899, ASTM E-1709 & ASTM E-2540, conspicuity tape: ECE 104 and high visibility clothing: EN 20471 & ASTM E-1809
Optional additional features:
- - Scalability - the RetroSign GRX may be upgraded with additional features after initial purchase. The upgrades can be purchased and used instantly by scanning a QR code.
- - Camera for taking photos of signs
- - Built in GPS
- - Built in wireless communication
- - Instrument rotation and tilt
- - Sign facing direction
- - Barcodes and QR codes reader
- - MUTCD library
- - Extension pole
- - ECE 104 multi-angle adapter